ABOUT YOUR MAYOR
.EXPERIENCED .DEDICATED .PROVEN
Mayor Thomas P. Perciak is a graduate of Benedictine High School and attended John Carroll University and Myers College (formerly Dyke College), receiving his Bachelor of Science Degree from David M. Myers University.
Prior to becoming Mayor of the City of Strongsville on January 1, 2004, Tom Perciak was:
Executive Vice President at Fifth Third Bank, Northeast Ohio, beginning on August 6, 1999.
- He also held the responsibilities of affiliate Manager of the Residential Mortgage Loan Division, Commercial Lending Department (specializing in Acquisition and Development Lending), and was a Member of the Board of Directors for Fifth Third Bank, Northeastern Ohio.
President and Chief Executive Officer of the Strongsville Savings Bank and Emerald
Financial Corporation, holding company of the Bank.
- Strongsville Savings Bank was a $700 million savings bank with 16 offices in Southwest Cuyahoga County, Lorain County, and Median County. Emerald Financial Corporation was a unitary thrift holding company formed in the fall of 1996 and parent company of Strongsville Savings Bank effective 1997.
Tom Perciak joined Strongsville Savings as Managing Office in April 1979 when it had approximately $32 million in assets and 3 locations.
Mayor Perciak has served on numerous volunteer organizations and board memberships,
- Mayors & Managers Association of Cuyahoga County – Former President
- Southwest Community Health Foundation- Chairman Emeritus
- Byzantine Diocese of Parma- Trustee/Eparcial Financial Committee
- Cortland Bank- Former Member of the Board of Directors
MAYOR TOM PERCIAK
We have accomplished so many things here are some accomplishments I am extremely proud of.
HOUSING ASSESSED VALUE – Strongsville has the 2nd highest Assessed Housing Value in Cuyahoga County.
TRIPLE BOND RATING – Strongsville is one of four cities in Cuyahoga County and fifteenth in the state of Ohio to achieve a AAA Bond Rating through Moody’s Investor Services.
SAFETY – Strongsville is the home of the Southwest Emergency Dispatch Center, servicing seven surrounding communities. Our Fire & Emergency Services are one of thirty-three agencies in the country to receive the Lifetime Award for Outstanding Cardiac Care.
STRONGSVILLE IS A BUSINESS HUB – Strongsville continues to draw businesses. According to Crain’s Cleveland Business, Strongsville’s business parks rank #1 (Strongsville Business & Technology Park), #7 (Progress Drive Business Park), and #11 (Dow Circle Research and Development Park) in Cuyahoga County. In 2021 Strongsville was designated as one of Cuyahoga County’s Job Hubs.
Paid for by The Boosters of Mayor Tom Perciak
John Ziegler, Treasure
17889 Monterey Pine • Strongsville • Ohio • 44136